Legal Counsel – FMCG/HealthI'm interested
Outstanding opportunity for a 2+ year Legal Counsel to grow their career at leading ASX listed FMCG/health company headquartered in Sydney. Fantastic role for a lawyer looking to make the move in-house, and for lawyers already inhouse looking to grow their career.
The company, with over 600 employees and a legal team of 4, operates throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia and is involved in developing, sourcing, manufacturing, selling, marketing, and distribution of products to the wholesale and consumer market.
THE ROLE – Legal Counsel FMCG/Health
The legal team of 4 is a high performing collaborative team supporting operations across Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. This legal team and this role support the entire business and offers interesting and diverse legal work. The award-winning legal team takes pride in partnering with stakeholders and providing practical commercial solutions and advice in an exciting, dynamic business.
It is a broad and varied commercial role supporting every business function, and there is an expectation that you will be able to work from first principles to prioritise matters, including: –
- Undertaking contract review, drafting and negotiation across a wide range of areas, including procurement, operations, contract manufacturing, supply, property leasing, direct supply, distribution, and agency agreements.
- Providing timely and commercial day-to-day general corporate legal advice on a variety of legal risk areas and business projects.
- Assisting with compliance initiatives including internal legal training, development of compliance tools and policy reviews and updates.
- Developing, reviewing, and updating standard contract templates.
- Proactively identifying legal risks to the business (based on business practices or changes to laws)
You have the basics – You have a current Australian practicing certificate, with 2+ years’ experience. In-house experience is not essential, however commercial acumen and common-sense is. You live in greater Sydney or are looking or willing to relocate.
You have the experience and skills: You have worked broad legal role and have some experience in reviewing and negotiating various commercial contracts. You are seasoned and confident enough in your abilities to work semi autonomously, but wise enough to know when to ask for help and to escalate matters.
You are a good communicator – You are an assured communicator with the ability to manage stakeholders and explain in simple terms complex legal issues. Additionally, you have time management skills and an ability to work autonomously and prioritise appropriately
You get it commercially – You are comfortable working in a commercial environment and have a keen awareness of commercially-minded and practical legal solutions for the business.
You fit culturally – Customer oriented, a team player, willing to learn, remain calm under pressure and results oriented.
- Hybrid and flexible working
- Work in a successful, established, and progressive company
- Award winning and highly respected legal team
- Fantastic culture both in the legal team and wider business – large but entrepreneurial; stable yet seeking growth.
- Work in the headquarters of an ASX company and work closely with the decision makers
- Diverse and interesting work – supporting every function within the business
- Increase your professional and technical capability by working and learning from colleagues at the top of their game
- We have previously recruited team members for the General Counsel and can vouch for the collaborative culture they create and their investment in team members.
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity that you would like to explore further, please apply and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, please feel free to contact Imogen Spouse at Dovetail Legal Solutions firstname.lastname@example.org – to arrange a time for an initial chat.