Head of Legal – InterimI'm interested
Excellent opportunity for a commercial lawyer to act as Head of Legal, Australia and New Zealand, for 4-month contract to start asap at a leading global insurance broking and risk advisory business.
THE ROLE: Head of Legal
- The role would suit a senior lawyer with 12+ years’ experience
- Primarily commercial and contract negotiation and review work, with prior experience in insurance or broking industry beneficial but not essential
- 4-month role to start from December or January until the incoming permanent lawyer commences in the role
- Management of external firms and litigation matters
- Some employment related matters
- Some regulatory and data law advice
- Manage the provision of general legal, commercial day-to-day legal issues and advice across the Australia and New Zealand business
- Work with the broader global legal teams as a high-functioning and collaborative group
- Effectively use management information together with efficient and timely upwards reporting of all key issues and recommendations
- Reporting to the Global GC in the US and working closely with the Australian CEO
- Proven track record as a senior lawyer in private practice and/or in-house with unrestricted practicing certificate
- Solid track record of handling complex and sophisticated legal matters in an efficient and commercial-friendly manner
- Knowledge and experience in insurance, broking industry or financial services
- Ability to work closely with and influence all levels of senior management whilst providing strategic legal advice
- Ability to see the big picture in terms of the company’s legal and ethical obligations for the protection of its reputation
- A strong understanding of the operation of the financial markets, including the regulatory environment, industry standards / practices, and legislative framework
- You can manage and prioritise your workload, understand and balance risk, and provide clear, simple and to the point advice to others in the business
- Innovative thinker, effective delegator but established hands-on lawyer
- Gain excellent experience within a leading organisation within the financial services sector
- Fantastic opportunity for a lawyer looking to gain Head of Legal experience or an experienced Head of Legal to further their experience in a role while they look for their next longer-term move.
- Excellent support from the organisation and the broader legal team
- Varied and interesting work from across the Australian and New Zealand business
- Strong remuneration to suit senior and high performing lawyer
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity that you would like to explore further, please apply and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, please feel free to contact Charlie Smirl at Dovetail Legal Solutions firstname.lastname@example.org – to arrange a time for an initial chat.