Senior Legal Counsel – Utilities/Energy CompanyI'm interested
Fantastic 4-month role for a Senior Legal Counsel with Utilities and/or Energy experience to have an adventure, see the country and work on excellent projects. Our client is based in Darwin and is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to assist with several projects, predominately in the gas industry. Ideally, you would either be based in Darwin or able to work 2 weeks in Darwin and 2 weeks from home – wherever that may be. They will cover the cost of flights and accommodation.
An Australian headquartered Utilities and Energy Company with over 4,000 employees, and a significant presence across Australia, particularly the Northern Territory.
- Reporting to the GC and working within a team, you will support the business primarily with their gas business:-
- Responsible for the management of all natural gas-related arrangements,
- Gas acquisition and transportation contracts with the company, gas suppliers and gas pipeline companies.
- Actively manages contracts associated with gas purchase supply, sale, transportation haulage and the operation and maintenance of associated infrastructure.
- Work closely with the commercial teams to streamline the execution, compliance and renewals of contracts to ensure that contracts remain financially viable.
- Manage litigation and external lawyers in respect of the gas business.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 4 months with the potential to become permanent
Location: Ideally, you can:-
- Be based in Darwin for the duration of the 4-month contract,
- Can 2 weeks in Darwin and 2 weeks from home, wherever that may be
The company will pay for your flights and accommodation in Darwin.
You have the basics – You have a current Australian practising certificate, At least 8 years of legal experience,
You have industry experience: At least 2 years of in-house legal experience in any of – energy/gas/utilities. Experience in the gas industry would be an advantage but not essential.
You are a good lawyer – You can turn your mind to diverse legal issues and work from first principles.
You fit culturally – You are self-aware; grounded; have excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in technology; an energetic self-starter; comfortable operating autonomously; calm and considered; practical with common sense; and prepared to take ownership.
You get it commercially – You are commercially minded and offer practical legal solutions for the business. You have the aptitude for managing work priorities and the expectations of diverse stakeholders.
- High-quality, varied and exciting work with a leading and reputable company
- Work in an Australian headquartered company and have access to the decision-makers.
- Increase your professional and technical capability by working in an established legal team and learning from lawyers and commercial operators at the top of their game.
- Competitive remuneration
- Have an adventure in the Northern Territory and explore Australia. You’ll never, ever know if you never ever go! 2 weeks working in Darwin, 2 weeks from home – flights and accommodation are provided.
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore further, please apply, and we will be in touch shortly.