Senior Legal Counsel – Remote/HybridI'm interested
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Senior Legal Counsel at a leading global FMGC company, for a 12-month contract to commence in February, 3 days a week, completely remote work arrangements.
Ownership for the South Pacific region (an established market) with the support of a larger, collaborative legal function.
Highly sought semi-autonomous position that sets up your career for leadership and General Counsel positions.
Headquartered in Europe and founded over 100 years ago, employing over 50,000 people worldwide and operating in over 130 markets it has over 350 employees in Australia and 1,200 employees in Southeast Asia. The company is known for its innovation to and ability to adapt to changing market conditions and offering the consumer greater choice.
THE ROLE: Senior Legal Counsel – Remote/Hybrid
The Senior Legal Counsel will work closely with the General Counsel, other legal team members, and business stakeholders.
It will provide strategic and pragmatic legal advice across a broad range of commercial matters, specifically on general commercial matters relating to the South Pacific Market, including PNG, Fiji, and Samoa. This is an established market for the business, and you do not need prior South Pacific experience for this role – good commercial contract experience is sufficient.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a semi-autonomous position where you have the best of both worlds – ownership of the South Pacific region with the support of a larger, collaborative legal function. Highly sought position that sets up your career for leadership and General Counsel positions.
As Senior Legal Counsel you will report to the General Counsel. You will be working across a range of internal stakeholders, providing commercially focused legal advice to assist the growth and success of the business, including: –
- Part time – 3 days a week
- Completely remote
- 12-month contract to commence February 2023 (contract is likely to be extended beyond the 12 months).
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts relating to all aspects of the business’ operations in the South Pacific.
- Review, negotiate and approve contracts and other documents related to a variety of trade, commercial, and operational matters, for example tenders, supply and distribution agreements, confidentiality agreements, terms, and conditions of sale. There are templates for these documents.
- Participate in development of corporate policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Keep the business informed of new or proposed legislation which may affect its activities and assist with implementing regulatory changes across the business.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of emerging legal and business issues, devising strategies to ensure that the business is compliant with relevant legislation.
- Build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Work with the General Counsel in ensuring compliance and internal controls.
- Manage litigation and third-party claims in collaboration with the General Counsel, including managing external legal advisers as needed.
- Provide timely and effective legal advice and support to line managers of the business.
- Hold a current Australia practising certificate with 6+ years’ PQE at a medium/large law firm and/or equivalent in-house experience.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can effectively influence, manage, and successfully collaborate and communicate with multiple stakeholders across all levels of a diverse business.
- An understanding of contract risk and contract practices, approached with a commercial mindset.
- Team player and can work with non-legal colleagues to understand business needs.
- Ability to turn your hand to previously unseen legal issues and resolve them in a calm manner from first principles.
- You can manage and prioritise your workload, understand and balance risk, and provide clear, simple and to the point advice to others in the business.
- Ability to prioritise and manage expectations.
- Understand contract risk and practices, approached with a commercial mindset.
- Have extensive commercial negotiation and drafting experience.
- Are self-aware; grounded; proficiency in technology; comfortable operating autonomously; adapt quickly to changing priorities; calm and considered; practical with common sense; and prepared to take ownership.
- Completely remote working arrangements.
- Part-time – 3 days a week.
- Varied and interesting work – supporting every function within the business.
- Grow your career within a leading global FMCG company.
- Work within a high performing legal and commercial team.
- Work for a blue-chip company which supports work-life balance.
- The opportunity to apply your legal knowledge and your commercial and skills.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Ownership for the South Pacific region with the support of a larger, collaborative legal function.
- Highly sought semi-autonomous position that sets up your career for leadership and General Counsel positions.
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity that you would like to explore further, please apply and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, please feel free to contact Imogen Spouse at Dovetail Legal Solutions firstname.lastname@example.org – to arrange a time for an initial chat.