Senior Legal Counsel – Educational InstitutionI'm interested
An outstanding six-month opportunity has arisen for a Senior Legal Counsel at a leading educational institution with a significant presence in Western Australia.
- A broad commercial role – support the whole institution across a diverse range of legal matters, including: – Employment, contract, torts, industrial, administrative, criminal, property, and intellectual property law, Statutes and By-Laws and other legislation.
- Would consider part-time– 4 days a week
- A six-month contract to commence ASAP.
- Experience in the education sector, while valued, isn’t essential. However, commercial contracts experience and the ability to work from first principles is.
- Work within an established high-performing legal team
- Work proactively to identify and manage risk across the institution.
- Be a proactive business partner at all levels throughout the organisation and support teams, assisting with decisions, providing practical advice and mitigating risk.
- Provide legal services to optimise contractual and commercial arrangements.
- Undertake legal research and develop and maintain legal precedents and template documents.
- You have a current Australian Practicing Certificate and at least six years of post-qualification experience, including experience gained in a reputable firm and/or in-house legal team.
- You effectively influence, manage, and successfully collaborate and communicate with multiple stakeholders across all levels of a diverse business
- You can manage and prioritise your workload, understand and balance risk, and provide clear, simple, and to-the-point advice to others in the business.
- You are self-aware; grounded; have excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in technology; comfortable operating autonomously; adapt quickly to changing priorities; calm and considered; practical with common sense, and prepared to take ownership.
- Gain experience within a leading educational organisation
- Work within a collaborative, supportive and legal and commercial team
- Varied and interesting work – supporting every function within the organisation.
- Competitive remuneration
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore further, please Apply, and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, please get in touch with Imogen Spouse at Dovetail Legal Solutions at email@example.com – to arrange an initial chat.
Founded in 2015, Dovetail is Australia’s only dedicated in-house legal recruiter. We’ve made over 400 placements, assisted hundreds of companies, and helped grow the careers of thousands of lawyers. We give access to more lawyers and jobs.