Excellent chance to join a top ASX-listed resources company as a Senior Legal Counsel – Intellectual Property. You will be part of a dynamic legal team working on cutting-edge legal issues in the resources sector. Preference for Perth or Brisbane and full-time, but for the right lawyer, they are open to them working remotely and/or part-time.
THE ROLE:- Senior Legal Counsel – Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property is a vital component of this leading resources company, from the way they work, the technology they use and the brands they own.
- The six-month contract is on offer due to an increase in IP-related legal work
- Ideally, this role will be based in Perth or Brisbane and full-time. However, they are open to the lawyer working part-time and operating remotely and will consider lawyers across Australia. The possibility of working part-time/remotely will depend on experience.
- As part of the Intellectual Property Team, you will draft and negotiate IP-related contracts, including R&D agreements, technology development agreements, and collaboration agreements
- Ensure the institution’s Intellectual Property is managed, protected, and leveraged
- Experience in the mining/resources sector, while valued, isn’t necessary. However, extensive Intellectual Property experience and the ability to work from first principles is essential.
- You have a current Australian Practicing Certificate and 7+ years of post-qualification experience, including experience gained in a reputable firm and/or in-house legal team.
- You have at least five years of Intellectual Property experience applying it in a practical manner within an organisation/s.
- You effectively influence, manage, and successfully collaborate and communicate with multiple stakeholders across all levels of a diverse institution.
- You can manage and prioritise your workload, understand and balance risk, and provide clear, simple and to-the-point advice to others in the business.
- You can prioritise and develop processes and systems to streamline workflows.
- You are self-aware; grounded; have excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in technology; comfortable operating autonomously; adapt quickly to changing priorities; calm and considered; practical with common sense; and prepared to take ownership.
- You will need to be an excellent IP lawyer – not only technically but also able to implement and communicate practical solutions across different cultures, jurisdictions, and languages.
- Gain fantastic domestic and international IP experience within a leading ASX resources company
- A fantastic career move, learn and grow within a leading and supportive team
- Excellent support from the organisation, the broader legal team and the General Counsel
- This an excellent and rare opportunity for an IP lawyer to undertake excellent cutting-edge work
- Make a difference and see the tangible benefits of your impact advice
- Would consider part-time and/or remote working for the right lawyer the lawyer
- Varied and interesting domestic and international work, front-end and back-end – supporting every function within the organisation!
- Competitive remuneration
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore further, please ‘Apply‘, and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, please feel free to contact Imogen Spouse at Dovetail Legal Solutions firstname.lastname@example.org – to arrange a time for an initial chat.