Senior Legal Counsel – Corporate/M&AI'm interested
Our client, an ASX, Melbourne CBD Headquartered, global leader, seeks a 7+ year Corporate Lawyer to work within wider Legal function on a diverse range of transactional M&A and corporate legal advice work. 6-month assignment to commence in January 2023.
Leading global ASX industrial company, one of the largest operators in their field, with operations and customers in over 100 countries. The Corporate function supports a full range of corporate activities undertaken to support the business around the globe.
THE ROLE: Senior Legal Counsel – Corporate/M&A
The Company is looking for a capable and experienced Corporate/M&A lawyer to join their impressive team to assist with:-
- Advising on a diverse range of strategic matters, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, joint ventures and investments.
- Advising on a range of corporate law and governance issues, such as listing rule issues, public disclosures, statutory reporting, shareholder issues and directors’ duties.
- An exciting opportunity for an energetic and commercially minded Corporate Lawyer who has enjoyed transactional work in private practice but wants to be part of an in-house team.
- Six-month initial contract with the potential for it to become permanent
- Any prior North American and/or EU experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Hybrid arrangements available
- Liaise with external parties, such as lawyers, regulators, and counterparties
- A Corporate Lawyer with 7+ years’ Corporate, M&A experience.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build credibility with business partners, underpinned by negotiation and influencing skills.
- Current Australian Legal Practicing Certificate
- A demonstrated track record of managing M&A transactions
- Ability to balance legal and commercial considerations
- Strong drafting skills, attention to detail and negotiating skills with demonstrated problem-solving experience.
- Experience with corporate transactions, commercial / operational business arrangements, joint ventures, and management of external counsel.
- Experience in mergers / acquisitions / divestments and competition law matters would be an advantage.
- Strong project management and time management skills. Must be comfortable briefing and liaising with senior management within the business.
- An understanding and experience of relevant Australian laws and practices essential. Previous international exposure, particularly to Asia or US would also be an advantage.
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Melbourne CBD office location
- Blue chip ASX Corporate experience
- Work in the HQ – sit with the decision makers
- Global and high-profile work
- Competitive remuneration
- Work closely with senior executives and have a hand in the development and achievement of strategic imperatives for a global legal team.
- Work in an impressive and collaborative legal team
- Grow your career
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity that you would like to explore further, please apply and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, please feel free to contact Charlie Smirl at Dovetail Legal Solutions firstname.lastname@example.org – to arrange a time for an initial chat.