Senior Legal Counsel – ASX Industrial CoI'm interested
Leading ASX industrial company seeks a Senior Legal Counsel with a commercial focus to join their collaborative team to support the business across Australia and the Asia Pacific region.
Headquartered in Melbourne, this leading ASX industrial client is a global powerhouse with more than 10,000 employees and servicing clients in over 75 countries.
- Commercial legal experience – This role will suit a lawyer with at least 7+ years PQE that has been gained in a quality reputable law firm or solid in-house experience supporting the construction, mining or resources sectors and who has strong commercial acumen and a solutions-focused approach.
- Dynamic and fast-paced– This is a key role within the regional and global legal team, where exceptional communication, organisational and the ability to influence senior stakeholders and perform in a dynamic, fast-paced environment will see you thrive.
- Hands-on and part of the business– A visible and critical role, you will partner with senior leaders and internal stakeholders on key commercial contracts – drafting, analysing, negotiating and supporting the successful delivery of customer contracts and procurement agreements.
- Commercial risk management – Using your legal knowledge to drive better commercial outcomes for the business. You will ensure the company meets legal and corporate obligations, which will include the development of preventative procedures and be instrumental in driving better risk management.
- You can hit the ground running– you have a current Australian Practicing Certificate and a minimum of 5+ years post-qualification experience, ideally with prior experience from a reputable law firm or in-house team.
- You’re comfortable to call a spade, a spade– prior exposure to clients or businesses operating in sectors such as heavy industry, manufacturing, construction, engineering, mining or resources will be beneficial but not essential.
- You’re good legally– you have established technical legal skills, especially with drafting and reviewing various legal documents and contracts, including supply, procurement, services and licence agreements.
- You get it commercially– you have strong negotiation skills, with a keen awareness of commercially-minded and compliant legal solutions for the business. You have the aptitude for managing diverse stakeholders’ work priorities and expectations.
- Be part of a well-respected and collaborative legal team providing pragmatic legal advice and solutions within a global business
- Hands-on role with the opportunity to develop direct relationships with key stakeholders
- Training and development with diverse opportunities for a flexible career path to grow your skills
- Work in the headquarters of an ASX-listed company and have full visibility of the business from strategy to execution.
- Competitive salary package from the outset
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore further, please Apply, and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, please get in touch with Charlie Smirl at Dovetail Legal Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org – to arrange an initial chat.
Founded in 2015, Dovetail is Australia’s only dedicated in-house legal recruiter. We’ve made over 400 placements, assisted hundreds of companies, and helped grow the careers of thousands of lawyers. Call us to see how we can help you.