Senior Legal Counsel – FMCGI'm interested
Outstanding opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel at a leading FMCG company, responsible for some of Australia’s best-known brands. Four-month role to start asap.
Founded over 100 years ago, employing over 6,000 people, with 100+ brands and 32 manufacturing sites across the region its products can be found in over 85% of Australian homes.
THE ROLE – Senior Legal Counsel
The legal team is a high performing collaborative team supporting operations across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. This role focusses on supporting the Australian business and offers interesting and diverse legal work. The legal team takes pride in partnering with stakeholders and providing practical commercial solutions and advice in an exciting, dynamic business.
A broad and varied commercial role supporting every business function, and while you will not be expected to be an expert in every issue, there is an expectation that you will be able to work from first principles to triage and prioritise matters.
- Sales agreements (retail and B2B)
- Procurement agreements
- General commercial agreements and requests for tender
- Advising on and providing legal support in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific in relation to:
- Applicable consumer protection laws (incl. ACL and Fair Trading Act NZ);
- Review and approval of all advertising, promotional and marketing materials, including packaging;
- Trade and Customer promotions;
Company Secretary – nice-to-have but not essential
- Advising on and providing support in connection with the Company Secretary function of the Australian, New Zealand and Pacific Businesses, including:
- Drafting Board of Directors Resolutions;
- Drafting and Lodgement of regulatory documentation, including to ASIC;
- Maintain statutory records for all companies.
You have the basics– You have a current Australian practicing certificate, with 6+ years’ experience, including in-house experience.
You have the experience and skills: You have gained in-house experience, knowledge and skills in a broad commercial role, and specifically you have experience in the review and approval of advertising, promotional and marketing materials, including packaging.
You are seasoned and confident enough in your abilities not to deal with unique issues but are wise enough to know when to ask for help and to escalate matters.
You are a high performing lawyer – You need to be a skilled legal operator and capable of turning your mind to diverse legal issues. You must be an assured communicator, an expert in written and verbal communication skills, highly developed organisational and planning skills, negotiation and influencing skills. Your negotiation and drafting skills should be excellent.
You get it commercially – You are comfortable working in a high performing, commercial environment and you have a keen awareness of commercially-minded and practical legal solutions for the business. You have the aptitude to manage work priorities and the expectations of diverse stakeholders.
You fit culturally – Customer oriented, a team player, with leadership attributes, willing to lead by example, remain calm under pressure and results oriented.
- Excellent salary package and hybrid working
- Work in a successful, established, and progressive company
- Diverse and interesting work – supporting every function within the business
- Increase your professional and technical capability by working and learning from colleagues at the top of their game
- Fantastic culture both in the legal team and wider business – large but entrepreneurial; stable yet seeking growth.
- We have worked with this organisation for the past 10 years and can personally vouch for the calibre the legal team and the culture of the business.
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity that you would like to explore further, please apply and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, please feel free to contact Andrew Murdoch at Dovetail Legal Solutions firstname.lastname@example.org – to arrange a time for an initial chat.