Legal Counsel – Part TimeI'm interested
Fantastic opportunity for a lawyer with mining, construction and/or manufacturing experience looking for a part time role (3 days a week) doing quality work at an outstanding global engineering company with 40,000+ employees and sales in 130+ countries.
European Headquartered engineering and manufacturing company founded over 100 years ago, that has grown to a global group with 40,000+ employees and sales in over 130 countries.
The Role: Legal Counsel
- Rare and highly sought part-time role, 3 days a week.
- Advising the business with respect to legal, commercial, and contractual risks associated with projects and project contracts.
- Working with the General Counsel, and the wider legal team, and business management to efficiently align the commercial documentation with the corporate structure.
- 12-month contract to start within the next six weeks.
- Advising on, negotiating, and drafting: mining and construction (equipment and services) sale contracts (including trading terms, goods and services sale contracts, rental contracts and hire purchase agreements, all forms of construction contracts) .
- Agreements for real estate interests throughout the region,
- Facility design and construction agreements.
- Heads of agreement and other pre-contract negotiations.
- Advising and supporting HR on matters including hiring policies, employment contracts, compensation and benefits matters, termination, and redundancies etc
- Updating suite of precedents as required.
- Presenting internal training seminars to employee.
- Managing litigation and dispute resolution matters throughout the
You have the basics: You live in Perth or can relocate. You have a current Australian practicing certificate and ideally prior in-house or significant secondment experience.
You get it commercially – You are comfortable working in a high performing, lean commercial team and you have a keen awareness of commercially-minded and practical legal solutions for the business. You have the aptitude to manage work priorities and the expectations of diverse stakeholders. You thrive in a fast-paced working environment and who are equally comfortable working autonomously or in a team environment as required.
You fit culturally– You are self-aware; grounded; have excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in technology; an energetic self-starter; comfortable operating autonomously; calm and considered; practical with common sense; and prepared to take ownership.
You are a good lawyer – You should be able to operate and accustomed to working largely autonomously. You need to be a skilled legal operator to turn your mind to diverse legal issues and work from first principles and able to see the big picture. Have extensive commercial and contractual negotiation and drafting experience.
You have the right experience: 7+ years with experience in the mining, construction and/or manufacturing sectors will be considered favourably, although candidates from other relevant industries will be considered. A proven track record of successfully advising a significant corporation on a wide range of legal issues. Proven delivery of pragmatic solutions to legal matters and problems.
- An excellent opportunity to work on a significant, complex, and dynamic projects
- Work closely with the business to drive visible and tangible outcomes
- Increase your professional and technical capability by working in an established and high performing and inspiring legal team
- Innovative, inclusive culture where ideas are valued
- Varied and interesting work – supporting every function within the business.
- Exposure to a large variety of challenging projects of different sizes covering all major industry sectors including energy, renewables such as wind, solar and hydro power, infrastructure, mining and oil and gas.
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth
- An organisation with an excellent culture that seeks to make a positive impact
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity that you would like to explore further, please apply and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, please feel free to contact Sonia Cason at firstname.lastname@example.org at Dovetail legal Solutions – to arrange a time for an initial chat.