Legal Counsel – Leading Food CompanyI'm interested
Exciting opportunity for a commercial lawyer to join a renowned Food Company that boasts some of Australia’s most recognized brands.
This company has over 6,000 employees, 100+ popular brands, and 37 advanced manufacturing sites. They distribute to 25,000 outlets daily and prioritize quality and innovation. They empower their team members to succeed and drive company success.
THE ROLE: Legal Counsel – Leading Food Company
The legal team supports operations across Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific. It takes pride in partnering with stakeholders and providing practical commercial solutions and advice to a fast and dynamic business.
This is a broad commercial legal role supporting multiple business functions, including marketing and R&D.
Consumer law and food regulation
Advising on and providing legal support in Australia and New Zealand in relation to:
- Consumer protection laws;
- Review and approval of advertising, promotional and marketing materials, including packaging;
- Trade and customer promotions;
- Reviewing and advising on product and marketing claims, including the Food Standards Code; and
- Consumer/customer complaints.
Advising on, negotiating, and drafting a wide range of commercial contracts, including,
- Sales agreements (retail and B2B)
- Marketing agreements (endorsement, influencers, digital, licensing and sponsorship)
- General commercial contracts and requests for tender
Providing a wide range of legal support and advice, including, General commercial matters, Competition and consumer law, Privacy, ESG
- Advising on and providing legal support in relation to disputes/litigation involving the business and third parties (including collation of evidence and assessment of legal merits). Assisting in managing litigation and instructing external legal providers.
- Assisting in managing the company secretarial function of the Australian, New Zealand and Pacific businesses.
Training and templates:
Training the business concerning legal matters and developing template agreements and tailored guidelines where required.
You have the basics – You hold a current Australian practising certificate, with 4+ years’ experience at a reputable firm and some in-house experience, which can include secondment. You live in Sydney or are looking to relocate.
You have the experience and skills: You have strong commercial contract negotiation and drafting skills.
Consumer Law or experience in approval of advertising, promotional and marketing materials, and packaging is essential.
You are a high-performing lawyer – Capable of turning your mind to diverse legal issues and a skilled written and verbal communicator. You have highly developed organisational and planning, negotiation and influencing skills.
You get it commercially – You are comfortable working in a commercial environment and have a keen awareness of commercially-minded and practical legal solutions for the business. You have the aptitude for managing work priorities and the expectations of diverse stakeholders.
You fit culturally – You have a Growth Mindset, can think strategically and work collaboratively. You remain calm under pressure and are results-oriented.
- Excellent salary package and hybrid working
- Work in a market-leading and established company.
- Diverse and interesting work – supporting every function within the business.
- We have worked with this organisation for the past ten years and can vouch for the calibre of the legal team and the business.
- Increase your professional and technical capability by working and learning from a supportive team and colleagues at the top of their game.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore further, please apply, and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, please contact Imogen Spouse at Dovetail Legal Solutions at email@example.com – to arrange a time for an initial chat.