Legal Counsel – Agricultural CompanyI'm interested
An outstanding and rare opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Legal Counsel to join a company with one of the Australia’s largest landholdings for a 12-month contract.
The role could be undertaken at any one of their office locations: –HQ office in Bella Vista; Coffs Harbour, Bateman’s Bay or Dubbo.
THE COMPANY: –
It’s an awesome company with a fantastic culture that places sustainability at its core. With over 2.5 million hectares (1 hectare is a soccer pitch) under management and a portfolio of agriculture, forestry, and tourism.
THE ROLE: – LEGAL COUNSEL
- Join a collaborative and high performing legal function of six team members
- Dealing with any one or more than the following legal issues – you don’t need all!
- Property and planning
- Litigation – including Land & Environment Court
- General commercial supply
- Work closely with the business, other legal team members to deliver commercially astute and pragmatic legal advice
- A leading legal team looking to utilise technology and processes to drive efficiency
- Hybrid and flexible working available – 3 days in the office
- 12-month contract role to start ASAP
- Could be 4 or 5 days a week
- The role could be undertaken at any one of their office locations:- HQ office in Bella Vista; Coffs Harbour, Bateman’s Bay or Dubbo
- You can hit the ground running – You have a current Australian Practicing Certificate commercial with 5+ years’ experience. You could come straight from private practice.
- You can adapt to a new working environment; identify the company’s risk profile and change adapt your advice and communication accordingly
- You can effectively influence, manage, and successfully collaborate and communicate with multiple stakeholders, and act tactfully and with discretion, at all levels of the business.
- You are self-aware; grounded; have excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in technology; comfortable operating autonomously; adapt quickly to changing priorities; calm and considered; practical with common sense; and prepared to take ownership.
- You are comfortable working on strategic commercial matters as well as day to day issues
- Level-headed, values and service driven
- It helps if you have a healthy love of trees and the outdoors
- Grow your career working in leading organisation within an excellent in-house legal team
- Interesting and diverse legal work – no two days the same
- Work within a collaborative, supportive and established legal team
- Increase your professional and technical capability by working and learning from colleagues at the top of their game
- Hybrid and flexible working
- An organisation with an excellent, engaging, and innovative culture
- Fantastic, experienced and supportive GC
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity that you would like to explore further, please apply and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, please feel free to contact Charlie Smirl at Dovetail Legal Solutions firstname.lastname@example.org – to arrange a time for an initial chat.