The Dovetail Service Spectrum.
The service was fantastic. The lawyer did an excellent job, was able to very quickly pick up what type of organisation we were, and put forward practical, business-based advice.
Regional Business Manager, International Manufacturing Company
Legal Services Designed To Need, Not Made To Fit.
Dovetail has created a network of Australia’s best interim and permanent legal talent. We consult with businesses to understand their specific needs and select the right lawyer, culture and expertise fit – whether it’s for a day, a few weeks, months or a permanent role.
Legal Services Designed To Need, Not Made To Fit..Dovetail has created a network of Australia’s best interim and permanent legal talent. We select the right lawyer, culture and expertise fit – whether it’s for a day, a week or a permanent role.
Transparent Pricing Creating Unequalled Value.We have removed costly overheads without compromising the quality of the lawyers. Together the lawyer and the client set the rate – no opaque middleman taking an undisclosed margin.
We Specialise In Legal Solutions.With 40+ years combined commercial and legal experience, our team facilitates the process end-to-end, ensuring all placements are straightforward and hassle-free.
Over the past five years, companies without an in-house lawyer, typically mid-sized organisations, have approached us for legal services on an ad-hoc and flexible basis. Our Dovetail service is not just for large companies with in-house legal teams.
Mid-sized organisations highly value our Dovetail lawyers, and have access to the same cost benefits as larger orgnaisations.
They Are Dissatisfied With Their Current Legal Advice.
Because mid-sized organisations without their own in-house lawyer:
- Are being charged higher legal fees because they often: –
- do not have purchasing power to negotiate lower rates from traditional law firms
- do not have an internal lawyer to liaise with external law firms to ensure they only undertake necessary work and keep bills within scope
- Receive uncommercial and/or late advice by traditional law firms who favour larger clients
One study undertaken by NAB has since confirmed many of these sentiments – The Australian Legal Services Industry Survey
They Like The Service That Our Freelance Lawyers Provide.
- The rates are significantly lower, at c.$350 p/h or $1,400 for an eight-hour day
- They are top senior lawyers confident in their ability
- They have direct experience in the client’s industry, often having worked as an in-house lawyer for a similar company
- Their advice is prompt and commercial
You can view some examples of how we have already helped other mid-sized organisations like yours here.
Call us to discuss how we may be able to assist you.
Dovetail takes time to understand your circumstances and then leverage their extensive corporate contacts to find opportunities that suit you. I highly recommend speaking to them if you are considering an alternative working model.
Principal, Incorporated Legal Practice