Senior Legal Counsel – RenewablesI'm interested
- The Company partners with utility companies to deliver world-class, highly software that solves an increasingly sophisticated issue for utility companies.
- Founded in 2015, the company is a pioneer in the Renewables sector, with 150 project sites and 50+ customers globally.
- It is focused on delivering renewable solutions that are safer, faster, lower-cost, lower-risk and more energy-dense than conventional technologies.
- Reporting to the Head of Legal and as part of a small legal team, you will deal with:-
- Supporting deals from inception to completion, including drafting and negotiating contracts,
- advising on deal structures and partnering with the business to get deals done effectively
- Ensure the business complies with all applicable laws, regulations and standards
- Help the Compliance team think two steps ahead to provide proactive support to the business.
- Partner with the 5B business leads to provide great support on transactions and contract
- negotiations. Negotiate, draft, and review a broad range of contracts, including for sales,
- licensing, construction, equipment supply, services and others.
- Help educate the business on managing and working to legal requirements.
- manage and protect our IP.
- Assist with the management of external counsel.
- Assist with the development of frameworks and processes.
Report to the Head of Legal, an impressive, supportive and highly respected lawyer.
THE PERSON THEY ARE LOOKING FOR
- Australian qualified lawyer living in Sydney, with a current unrestricted practising certificate.
- A lawyer with renewables and/or energy and or construction experience
- Minimum of 8 years experience with a track record of dealing with stakeholders at all levels
- Accustomed to working closely, as peers and collaboratively with the Sales Team on the deal side.
- An understanding of the energy industry or the capacity and willingness to learn.
- Commercial acumen and risk appetite suited for an entrepreneurial company.
- The ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with the executive and sales team.
WHAT MAKES THIS AN ATTRACTIVE ROLE
- Be involved in all aspects of legal support for the company.
- A start-up with an entrepreneurial culture but going through a growth phase.
- As a Sydney Headquartered company, you will have visibility of the business end-to-end
- Interesting and varied work
- Supported by an excellent Head of Legal
- Expanding internationally
- A dynamic, evolving and growing area of law – an outstanding career move.
- Collaborate with a high-performing legal team and C-Suite
- Competitive remuneration – c. $220K inc super
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore further, please apply, and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, don’t hesitate to contact Charlie Smirl at Dovetail Legal Solutions firstname.lastname@example.org – to arrange an initial chat.
Founded in 2015, Dovetail is Australia’s only dedicated in-house legal recruiter. We’ve assisted over 300 companies and helped thousands of lawyers grow their careers. www.dovetaillaw.com.au