Senior Legal Counsel – Global Co – Sydney HeadquarteredI'm interested
- A leading technology/media/data company, headquartered in Sydney with 11 offices worldwide.
- It sits at the cutting edge of marketing/technology/data intersection and uses its expertise across these sectors to deliver customers a seamless experience.
- While being a leading innovator in its field, it is a well-established company tracing its history back to the 1980s.
- With significant financial backing, the company is on a growth trajectory and is seeking a first-mover advantage across many markets.
- 14-month parental leave role to start in November
- Join a leading in-house legal function to assist with a broad range of legal issues, including:
- Data and privacy
- Dispute resolution
- Commercial Contracts: marketing, various partnerships and sponsorship, technology, rights, and general commercial agreements.
- Competition and Consumer Law
- Work closely with the business and other legal team members to solve legal issues across the business, in Australia and worldwide.
- It will have the support of a larger legal team of four lawyers and a supportive and collaborative General Counsel who is at the top of his game and highly regarded.
- We have placed people into the General Counsel’s team before, and all the lawyers in his team and his superiors think he is excellent.
- Hybrid work available: 80/20 office/ WFH
- Could be a part-time role – 4 days a week
You have the right approach: You get stuff done (“GSD”); You can identify issues, use initiative, and provide solutions. You are not a blame-thrower, or a work shifter and gain satisfaction from a job-well-done.
You are self-aware, grounded, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficient in technology, comfortable operating autonomously, adapt quickly to changing priorities, calm and considered, practical with common sense, and prepared to take ownership.
You have the basics:– You have a current Australian Practicing Certificate with at least 5 years of post-qualification experience and feel comfortable negotiating and drafting commercial agreements. You can quickly identify the terms that matter and those that don’t.
Tech and processes:You like efficiency and are comfortable creating processes and using technology.
Experience:Prior In-house experience is essential, and you will have gained excellent negotiation and drafting experience. Experience in the media, technology, and data sectors would be useful but not essential.
- If I were a lawyer at this level, I would love to work in this role for this organisation and the General Counsel. Call us, we’ll tell you more, and you’ll see why.
- Gain rare and highly sought insights on the operations and strategy of a global company headquartered out of Sydney.
- At the intersection of media/tech/data, this role will set up your career
- Work within and learn from a collaborative, supportive and established legal team
- Increase your professional and technical capability by working and learning from colleagues at the top of their game
- This role offers many perks – the organisation services clients that can provide access and insights into their industries
- An organisation with an excellent, engaging, and innovative culture
- Competitive remuneration: up to $200K, including super + perks
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore further, please apply, and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential conversation first, please contact Andrew Murdoch at Dovetail Legal Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org – to arrange an initial chat.
Founded in 2015, Dovetail is Australia’s only dedicated in-house legal recruiter. We’ve assisted over 300 companies and helped thousands of lawyers grow their careers. www.dovetaillaw.com.au