General Counsel & Company Secretary – ASX FMCGI'm interested
Excellent opportunity to join this leading ASX FMCG company as General Counsel and Company Secretary.
- Impressive established ASX-listed company, operating for 80+ years.
- $210m in annual sales and distribution across 9,000+ retail outlets throughout Australia
- Sydney, headquartered.
- Impressive Board and CEO with a remit for change and expansion
This is an exciting opportunity for an existing or aspiring General Counsel and Company Secretary of an ASX company to:
- Work in a successful, established, growing organisation.
- Be at the core of the business to provide legal support to all functions.
- Participate as Co-Sec to the Board and have visibility of the strategic direction.
- Report to and work closely with a fantastic CEO.
- Join at a time of change and innovation to make a difference in how the legal function operates.
Contracts and Transactions
- Review, draft, finalise and manage agreements, transactions and new business proposals in order to minimise legal risks and facilitate optimal business outcomes.
- Provision of intellectual property advice to the business, including trademark registrations, challenges, and infringement issues
- Provision of accurate and efficient legal advice and support for all projects and M&A Activities
- Provision of timely, accurate commercial legal advice and support to the company and the Board
- Managing the provision of legal services, briefing external counsel when required
- Management and resolution of claims, disputes, and litigation
- Ensure legal requirements with ASIC and other regulators are met, including continuous disclosure.
- Preparation of Board and Committee agendas, paper and minutes.
- Participation in Board and Committee meetings and ensuring all meetings are properly called and held.
- Assist with preparing the Annual Report and all other relevant documentation.
- You can hit the ground running – You have a current Australian practising certificate and significant experience in-house, including with an ASX-listed company.
Experience and/or knowledge in the FMCG/logistics/pharmaceutical sector in an ASX environment is highly desired.
You have Company Secretarial experience with an ASX company.
Broad, hands-on experience including commercial agreements, IP, consumer, M&A/corporations, employment, and dispute resolution.
- You are a high-performing lawyer – A skilled legal operator capable of turning your mind to diverse legal issues. An assured communicator, an expert in written and verbal communication skills, highly developed organisational and planning skills, negotiation and influencing skills.
- You get it commercially– You are comfortable working in a high-performing, busy commercial environment and have a keen awareness of commercially-minded and practical legal solutions for the business. You have the aptitude to manage work priorities and the expectations of diverse stakeholders. You can see the big picture and also understand the detail.
- Innovator – You are a problem solver and technology savvy. You look for new and practical ways to drive efficiency through technology and process.
- You fit culturally – Customer-oriented, a team player with leadership attributes, willing to lead by example, remain calm under pressure and results-oriented. You have initiative and can reengineer a legal function using technology and processes. You are not precious and happy to undertake the full spectrum of work from the small to the strategic.
- Competitive remuneration. $250K to 300K, including superannuation. Plus, short-term and long-term incentives.
- Gain or expand your ASX experience at an established, Sydney headquartered company.
- Impressive high-performing Board and CEO.
- Working closely with the CEO and strategic leadership team to help shape the company.
- Join at an exciting stage of the company’s history – a fantastic CEO with a remit for change and innovation.
- Grow your career within a successful, established, and progressive company.
- Varied and interesting work – supporting every function within the business.
- Increase your professional and technical capability by working and learning from colleagues at the top of their game.
This role is looking to fill quickly, so if this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore further, please apply, and we will be in touch shortly.
Founded in 2015, Dovetail is Australia’s only dedicated in-house legal recruiter. We have assisted over 300 companies and helped thousands of lawyers grow their careers. www.dovetaillaw.com.au